Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Learning To Fly

"Fatal attraction that's holding me fast, now I cant escape it's irresistible grasp..
.Cant keep my eyes from the circling sky, tongue-tied and twisted
Just an earth-bound misfit"
-David Gilmour-
 
     Throughout the short time I have spent in this realm we call earth, I have realized that I am continuously searching. Searching for a voyage that will satisfy the exhilaration that I crave, and optimally quench my thirst for knowledge and insight. On these voyages, many discoveries have been made pertaining to myself, human kind, and life in general. Succeeding these discoveries, though, there are constantly more questions. Consequently, my desire is unobtainable. Contemplating this never ending circle, I have often found myself wondering; "Why thirst for knowledge if there is endless knowledge to thirst for"? Why spend my days searching for an answer, when ultimately the answer leads to additional questions? Life is not a math problem, there is no single solution. So why must I long for this mysterious "answer to existence"?   
     This unquenchable thirst for ultimate insight has driven me to go beyond what I ever expected of myself. It has pushed me to my limits, forced me to find courage, led me to great heights, and driven me to accomplish numerous goals. I have realized though, that through my searching.. moments of peace and truth always seem to find me. Mostly when I do not expect them, and never when I am hunting them.
     So is the answer to my life long question to simply stop looking for the answer? Although my constant wondering (and wandering) has led me to great distances, could these heights have been achieved without stressing about what is next? What is right? What is true? The constant nagging question : what can I know that I didn't know before? 
     My fatal attraction is that I cannot keep my eyes from the sky. Through constant reminding, meditation, and yoga I have began to subdue the yearning beast within. I am gradually learning to become more accepting of things that have no answer. Things that cannot or are not meant to be solved. I am learning to just simply BE. My moments of peace will find me. I will love them, but I will also understand that while chasing particular moments, you are running from the others. For sometimes being still requires an immeasurable higher strength than to act. To attain this level of being, it is not my eyes that should be fixated in the sky. It is my mind. I am beginning to see with not only my corporeal sense, but with my spirit . I am learning to fly.
 
"There is no sensation to compare to this. Suspended animation = a state of bliss...
Cant keep my mind from the circling sky, tongue-tied and twisted
 Just an earth-bound misfit".
-David Gilmour-
 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment